Saturday, October 6, 2012

That Hairclub Commercial




Remember the old Hairclub for Men commercial?  Sy Sperling, who in 1976 founded Hair Club for Men, would end his pitches by saying, “I’m not only the Hair Club president, but I’m also a client.”

Thankfully, I am not a client of this hairclub (although my 2 year old son has me pulling my hair out at times and I am noticing some gray).   

But, I do like to borrow Sy’s line and say, “I am not only an Invisalign Preferred Provider.  I am also a client.”  I wanted to straighten up my smile and now I am 8 weeks into treatment.  The progress is great and I don’t even notice that I have the treatment trays in. 

Why do I love offering Invisalign? 
Invisalign is a amazing technology that allows us to move teeth without brackets and wires.  Invisalign utilizes plastic trays called Aligners.  The Aligners are worn for 2 weeks at a time and most treatment is completed within a year.  They are clear, comfortable, and removable. You take them out when you eat, brush, and floss.  

Most people don’t realize that teeth that are in poor alignment (crowded, spaced, etc.) are much more likely to chip, break, get cavities, wear prematurely, and develop periodontal disease.  Bottom line: Straighter teeth are healthier teeth.

Veneers and crowns are nice.  But I like to avoid creating a porcelain smile when I can.  Obviously, straight teeth provide for a more beautiful smile.  Invisalign corrects (instead of masking it with porcelain) the problem and we don’t have to remove any of the precious enamel from your teeth.  To me, there’s nothing more beautiful than a natural teeth that are straight and white. 

Although, it’s difficult to see (because, of course, the Aligners are clear) . . . I’m wearing Invisalign with pride.  Our hygienist, Ashley, is currently undergoing Invisalign treatment too.  If you are curious if you are a good candidate for Invisalign ask about it at your next dental cleaning or give us a call for a no-fee consultation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment